Red wine brewing process, red wine processing production line
June 29, 2023
Red wine is a kind of fruit wine brewed through natural fermentation, and the content is mostly grape juice, accounting for more than 80%. Other important ingredients are pectin, tartaric acid, minerals and tannins. How is red wine made? Next, I will introduce the red wine brewing process and red wine processing production line to you.
Red wine brewing process:
Skin breaking—skin soaking fermentation—juicing—oak barrel cultivation—distiller’s lees cultivation—clarification—bottling.
Red wine brewing process:
1. Broken skin: The color and astringency of red wine mainly come from the red pigment and tannin in the grape skin, so the skin must be broken first, so that the grape juice can contact the skin to release these substances.
2. Soaking and fermenting: After breaking the skins and removing stems, put the grape juice and skins into the wine tank together, and ferment while soaking the skins. A higher temperature can deepen the color of the wine, but too much will lose the fresh fruity aroma of the wine and kill the yeast, so the temperature control must be moderate, around 30 degrees Celsius. The CO2 produced by fermentation does not have the effect of macerating the skins, pushing the skins to the top of the lees. It can be mechanically stirred or crushed with feet to fully mix the grape skins with the wine. The longer the soaking time, the more concentrated the phenolic substances, aroma substances, minerals, etc. released into the wine. After fermentation, the liquid part of the distiller's grains is led to other distillers' grains, and the solid part needs to go through the process of pressing the juice.
3. Juicing: The liquid obtained after pressing grape skins is thick, with high tannin content and low alcohol content. A portion will be added to the wine.
4. Oak barrel cultivation: All good red wine needs to be cultivated in oak barrels, which can not only supplement the aroma of red wine, but also provide moderate oxygen to make the wine more mellow. The incubation time depends on the quality of the wine. Astringent wines need a longer time, generally no more than two years.
5. Distiller's grain cultivation: Red wine suitable for young people is usually only cultivated in distiller's grains. The main purpose of the cultivation process is to increase stability, ripen the wine and give a more harmonious taste.
6. Clarification: Whether the wine is clarified or not has little to do with its quality. Fining and filtration are often done for aesthetics or to stabilize the wine.
7. Bottling. The capping mechanism is composed of a cap unscrambling device, a cap dropping guide rail and a cap screwing machine. Auxiliary (or optional) equipment includes rinsing water return tank, bottle inlet air duct and bottle outlet chain. In addition, manual bottling platform (or bottle unscrambler) and multi-row differential chain manual bottling platform can also be configured according to customer requirements.
The above is the brewing process of red grapes. If you are interested in wine and fruit juice beverage processing line, if you need to know more details, you can contact Shanghai Guofeng Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd. for consultation and cooperation. Our company specializes in designing and manufacturing fruit and vegetable processing and packaging complete line equipment, and is committed to providing one-stop solutions for fruit and vegetable processing projects.